A new batch of Mini Rabbits have hit my Etsy shop! Mini Rabbits are little stuffed toys especially made for Pullips, Blythes, Momokos and other 1/6th scale dolls. They love being carried around and hugged! 🙂
My ex requested a Decepticon inspired deer since he loves Transformers and wanted a special deer for himself. The deer had to be black & purple colour scheme with red eyes. I added a smokey look around the eyes to make the deer look more menacing. I hand embroidered the Decepticon symbol. It was fun making something a little bit different from my usual deer design.
Below is my first attempt at Needle Felting. The mushroom measures about 1.5 inches high, and it was fairly easy to make once I got the hang of it. I’d love to try making a mini deer next time. I bought this mushroom kit at the Urban Craft Center in Santa Monica. UCC is a really cool place and offers craft classes, check it out if you’re in LA!
This isn’t plush related, but I thought would be fun to post anyways. I was tagged on Flickr and on Leeanna Butcher‘s blog, so here goes…
Post a photo and state 15 things about you on the description, then tag 15 people to do the same.
1) I am a Canadian & German citizen but I live in the USA.
2) I got married barefooted.
3) I faint often and in strange places (the vet, tattoo parlour, subway station, etc).
4) My hiccups sound like bird chirps.
5) I had a pet duck when I was a kid.
6) My fears are: spiders, clowns, needles, hospitals and mental institutions.
7) I wish I was fluent in another language.
8 ) I animated on the Alvin And The Chipmunks movie.
9) I live 0.5 miles from the Pacific Ocean.
10) I wear cotton candy perfume.
11) All my closest friends/family are fire signs (except my mom who is an earth sign like me).
12) I have never tried smoking.
13) I can’t chew apples (it’s like nails-on-a-chalkboard sensation for me).
14) I wanted to be an Egyptologist but I lacked the math smarts, so I became an Animator instead.
15) I can hear my Canadian accent.
The first batch of mini rabbits have sold out, so I’ve been busy sewing up a new batch. I’ll be listing new ones in my Etsy shop next week. I also made a mini frog for a custom commission. I think it turned out pretty cute. 🙂
Here are some new deer that are listed in my Etsy shop:
On the left: Mint Chocolate Deer likes to eat cold ice cream cake on her birthday because it is in the Winter. After she is finished, she drinks white hot chocolate to warm up and looks out the window at the falling snow.
On the right: Strawberry Sorbet Deer works in a French bakery and makes all kinds of yummy treats. Her favourite is the éclair, which she looks forward to eating after her shift is over.
On the left: Watermelon Deer loves the Spring because the flowers are blooming and the birds are chirping. Her favourite thing to do is to run through sprinklers!
On the right: Green Tea Deer‘s favourite hobby is ikebana (the traditional Japanese art of flower arranging). She has a garden where she grows her own flowers specifically for making gorgeous bouquets. After she is done arranging the flowers she admires them while sipping a hot cup of tea.
On the left: Chocolate Caramel Deer likes to collect stamps and postcards from around the world. She puts them all in a scrapbook she made herself.
On the right: Banana Blueberry Deer is a successful interior decorator in Deerville. She loves to decorate in a retro design scheme with very bold colours. Her favourite addition to any room is a hanging bubble chair. (Custom commission)