I was tagged by Leeanna to do another photo “meme” (here’s my previous 16 Things About Me meme), so I needed to take another self portrait. So I took some more pics of myself and had fun experimenting with layers in Photoshop.
Here is the 10 Things About Me List:
1. I’ve eaten crickets and ants willingly. I ordered them at a restaurant. 😀
2. My favourite comfort drink is tea. I drink it every single day.
3. When I was 3yrs old, I assumed the identity of a rabbit for almost a year. My parents were very worried. lol. (Story is here.)
4. I have 2 tattoos and want to get more. The only thing holding me back is deciding on a good design, and the fact that I faint around needles. :S
5. My dream is to live in Europe someday. I’ve been wanting to do this when I first visited the UK with my Grandmother when I was 12.
6. I used to have a Japanese penpal and we wrote letters back and forth for years. We have since lost touch, but I’m happy she was a part of my life.
7. I swear my cat has OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder)… he gets totally stressed out if I don’t go to bed at a certain time every night.
8. I’m very indecisive with almost everything in my life… except for when it comes to art.
9. I love Spring + Fall, and don’t like Summer + Winter. I don’t like extreme heat or cold. I like it just right.
10. I’m not religious at all. It has no place in my life.
I haven’t posted in a week because I came down with a bad cold and it knocked me out for a few days. 😦 Luckily I’m over it now, but being sick has pushed back my projects by a week, and now I have lots to catch up on. I missed a very important deadline I was aiming for — more to come on that. :S
Anyways, Vinyl Pulse wrote a nice post where they suggested me as someone to follow on Twitter! Isn’t that sweet! 🙂
My blue deer canvas was featured on craftgawker.com! Hurrah! 🙂
Here’s another in progress pic of my Kalua Moola custom for the Artist Crossover Series with Argonaut Resins! As you can see, I’ve painted a bit more on this guy since my previous post. I added a teal cloud to the bottom part of his body and his ears, and I’ve drawn the tribal-styled designs on his forehead and I’m painting them in dark purple (I know it looks a bit like black, but it’s really dark purple). Still got a ways to go…
Below is a pic of my Kalua Moola custom with the first 2 or 3 coats of purple paint on him. This paint is very thin and takes several coats to build up a nice smooth opaque look (it took like 10 coats), so that’s why it looks a bit “patchy” right now. I left parts of him white because they will be painted different colours. You can see my design + colour key sketch in the background. 😉
In this next pic, I’ve finished the purple base coat (you can see it’s nice and opaque after lots of layers), and I’ve started painting his eyes. I like to start with the eyes because I think that really starts to bring the character and personality alive. Do you like the yellow paint? 🙂 His nose, ears and bandages will be a different colour, so I’ve left them unpainted for now.
Next I added an outline around the eyes. I think his personality is really starting to come through. You can see what colour his ears will be….
More to come soon…
I’ve launched some brand new items in my Etsy shop — Felt Art on Canvas! These canvases measure 5×5 inches, and are ready to hang on the wall. I’m starting with this trio of woodland animals, cause I think they’re the cutest. 😉
Want to see what I do for a living? This is my demo reel featuring animation I did for G-Force, Alvin And The Chipmunks and Everyone’s Hero. 🙂