I’m moving to London, England! I’ve been dreaming about living + working in Europe for as long as I can remember, and I’m pinching myself that it’s actually happening. I’ve learned that as much as you might have big dreams, you must make the initiative for it to happen yourself. You simply cannot wait and hope it happens someday. I’ve lived that way for far too long. I’m so excited and can’t wait for all the adventures that await me there.
North America, it’s been a slice. Bye for now.
I made this sculpture about 8yrs ago. I started off sketching out on paper the position I wanted her to be sitting in. Then I started with a base — I used a wire armature to get the pose I wanted (an armature gives the sculpture a bit more strength). After that I covered the armature with Super Sculpey and sculpted all her features the way I wanted. I hand painted her, made her crown and wings out of wire (which was then covered with bits of silk scarf my Mom was throwing out). Her hair is donated from a My Little Pony.
The idea behind the sock fairy is that she steals socks from the dryer. That’s how our socks go missing! I had planned to make a series of mischeivous fairies, but you know, life gets in the way. I hope to re-visit sculpture projects like this someday.
I’m late! I’m late! I’m late! I’m very late in posting pics of my Halloween costume. To (most likely) nobody’s surprise I was Alice In Wonderland (again) this year. (Actually, come to think of it… I’ve been Alice 3 times now… the first time was at the Alice In Wonderland Made Tea Party @ Royal/T when I had blond hair. /tangent) Unfortunately my sling was not part of my costume, although I probably could have explained it was from falling down the rabbit hole. 😉 I actually fractured my hand a few weeks ago and it has taken me out of the game… literally. Expect a post about it!
“And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.”
~ Abraham Lincoln
Wishing everyone all the best in 2010! ❤
Everything in my Etsy shop is now on sale until the end of Sunday (tomorrow). Starting Monday my shop will be closed for 2 weeks because I’m going on an early Xmas vacation in the sun à la Dominican Republic! 😀
My cat Lucky won the Kitty-Gurumi Contest hosted by Moonscreations! He has been immortalized into amigurumi form! (I’m so proud of my boy! ♥) You can read all about the story here, and he can be purchased in Moonscreations’ Etsy Shop here.
I entered a few pics of my sweetheart, but it was this photo that won Moons over:
You see, Lucky bites his tongue by accident from time to time. He’ll be licking his fur and then get distracted mid lick. He forgets that his tongue is out and keeps it stuck out like that for a few minutes until he remembers to put it back in his mouth again! It’s kinda hard to tell in this pic, but his right eye is orange, and his left eye is green. Both of his eyes started out green at first, but his right eye started changing to a rust colour over time. Now he’s 14 years old and his right eye is completely rust coloured. He can see fine out of both eyes — the vets are totally baffled by it!
And here is his backstory for the amigurumi plush listing:
Lucky is a cat who has lived up to his name. He is currently on his 5th life, after going through several near-death experiences. Despite his odd interest in risk-taking, he is very lovable, quirky and extremely vain. He insists on wearing a tuxedo every day of the year, and always makes sure his fur is clean and soft.
He loves posing for the camera, and sometimes will stick his tongue out at you if he thinks you’re being silly. He loves to be held in your arms, and will nestle his head into your shoulder if he thinks you are extra special.
He loves affection and will never say no to gentle pets or a scratching under his chin (when you do this, he tilts his head and his right eye twitches). Lucky is a loyal companion, and will always be there for you whenever you need a little bit of extra love.
I was tagged by Leeanna to do another photo “meme” (here’s my previous 16 Things About Me meme), so I needed to take another self portrait. So I took some more pics of myself and had fun experimenting with layers in Photoshop.
Here is the 10 Things About Me List:
1. I’ve eaten crickets and ants willingly. I ordered them at a restaurant. 😀
2. My favourite comfort drink is tea. I drink it every single day.
3. When I was 3yrs old, I assumed the identity of a rabbit for almost a year. My parents were very worried. lol. (Story is here.)
4. I have 2 tattoos and want to get more. The only thing holding me back is deciding on a good design, and the fact that I faint around needles. :S
5. My dream is to live in Europe someday. I’ve been wanting to do this when I first visited the UK with my Grandmother when I was 12.
6. I used to have a Japanese penpal and we wrote letters back and forth for years. We have since lost touch, but I’m happy she was a part of my life.
7. I swear my cat has OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder)… he gets totally stressed out if I don’t go to bed at a certain time every night.
8. I’m very indecisive with almost everything in my life… except for when it comes to art.
9. I love Spring + Fall, and don’t like Summer + Winter. I don’t like extreme heat or cold. I like it just right.
10. I’m not religious at all. It has no place in my life.